What is an Online Focus Group?
An online focus group is a focus group that has been converted to be digital either through video or text methods. Online focus groups have revolutionized the way that market researchers are able to conduct exploratory or qualitative research, making it faster than ever before to connect with consumers.
How Online Video Focus Groups are Changing Market Research
As we become more technology and internationally driven, market researchers need to access voice of customer feedback even if physically coming together in person is not an option. Video focus groups conducted online have opened up new opportunities for researchers. Here are some leading-edge advantages that VoC online focus group software platforms provide market researchers with:
- Easier Planning: Online focus group software options have enabled researchers to create and execute a study on a moment’s notice. The online nature of the studies allows for faster agile planning of study specifics.
- Online Recruiting: The recruiting process is digitized when utilizing online platforms. By digitizing your focus group, you open up your market of participants to a wide range of consumers, fit to meet any study requirements across the globe.
- Faster From Start to Finish: Online studies are faster to execute due to the fact that all steps of the process can be conducted from just about anywhere in the world at any given time with the right software platform. Automatic transcriptions expedite the reporting process by allowing researchers to directly access what was said during a session and utilize it.
- Cost Savings: In-person focus groups can be costly to organize and conduct in terms of both money and time lost. Online focus groups eliminate the need for travel as well. The savings to be found from moving your study online using video chat methods can be worth thousands of dollars.
- Client-Side Participation: On the client-side, participating in the study is still available with online software as well. With video and chat capabilities, people from your team can moderate, observe, and collaborate on the study without ever having to meet up in person.
How My-Take Utilizes Online Focus Groups
My-Take’s advanced platform offers video chat sessions to clients as well as those interested in SaaS ad-hoc studies. Our expert researchers are available for additional services as well. Contact us today to find out how we can bring your study to life online!